Do you ever randomly feel depressed?

Do you ever randomly feel really depressed? Like you just wanna curl up and cry, and you have no idea why. If so, how do you deal with it?

Update:

How would I know if it's clinical depression, or how can I find out? Because this happens to me a lot.

Comments

• Hell yeah. It sucks. I have this addiction, you see: it's called the Internet. It is quite pathetic, but I just am not willing to cut down the time I spend on here. I like it. I'm bored otherwise. But after I spend hours and hours sitting in front of my laptop, while my family around me is doing things like reading, doing dishes, making food, doing laundry, going out into the garden...it makes me feel useless and depressed. And they don't let me forget it, either--"Nina, detach yourself from that computer and go do something." Detach. I dunno, man, it sucks.

I don't deal with it...that's my problem. ._. I talk to my friends about it sometimes, though. They understand. That makes me feel better. I also try to do some things worthwhile. Most importantly, I'm a writer, so I work on my stories when I'm feeling particularly down. The success I feel when I see my word count climbing...ah.

I suggest listening to music, reading a good book, watching a comedy movie, hanging around with friends, going out somewhere, etc...there's lots of fun things you can do to make yourself feel better.

Good luck <3

• Depression runs in my family and ever since I was 13 (I'm 16 now) I've been generally unhappy for no specific reason. Nothing was actually wrong but I just felt sick of my friends and home and boring life and wanted a change. It's weird; I was just depressed for no reason. I would sleep all day and cry at night, I constantly felt tired and sluggish, I lost friends, my marks dropped at school, I and gained a ton of weight from emotional eating.

When my family found out that I cut, they were shocked. And now I have to see a social worker every week to talk about my 'problems' as well as take antidepressants. I just feel bad that I'm 'depressed' while there are people living in poverty, people with real problems.

Whenever depression gets bad for me, I always preoccupy myself with an amazing book to forget about it. If a book is good, I can honestly read for hours and completely forget about how I feel. Also watching a bunch of movies. I started to exercise every day and eat a healthy diet, which really improved my mood.

• Sometimes after a loss in a big game I feel that way (not the crying part, but I just stand on the field or sit down on the field and stare at the scoreboard)... but at least I know why Im so down

• Yes. A lot. I have clinical depression so I get sad a lot for no reason. It really sucks when nobody knows what you're going through.

• I've had real depression before but yes sometimes I randomly get in depressed moods - luckily they don't last very long though.

• That happens to me all the time. When that happens I usually go in my room and cry. It's probably not the best way to deal with it, but I'm usually fine after that. -_-

• Yeah, Like probabley once a day. I just try to laugh at everything, or listen to happy music.

• I do, all the time. :(

I basically just sit alone in my room, listening to music. Eventually I just stop feeling sad and sing a long. Lol. :)

• I kinda feel like that right now.

I usually watch my favorite shows/movie, or listen to my favorite songs.

• Your telling me :/

Lately I've been having alot of thoughts about suicide, they may be stupid reasons to other people but they mean alot to me and are definetly upsetting....

I don't know how to deal with it...