Dwarf gourami compatibility?

I have a 29 gallon tank that I want to put the following fish in

3 flame dwarf gouramis

A school of neon tetras

And a school of albino tiger barbs

I'm not sure if this will work or if the tetras will become food.

Also how many should be kept in the schools above

Any and all comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• First of all, I have had first hand experience breeding dwarf gourami. It means my experience with gourami should hold way more value than those who only use their imagination (or hearsay) to answer your question.

Do (not) put any two gourami in the same fish tank.

Those who say "ratio" must be mistaken gourami for guppies or platies.

Even female gourami are aggressive toward each other, and there is no truce between a male gourami and a female gourami even during spawning. Even siblings from the same spawn are aggressive toward each other as early as only 4 weeks old. <---- These are from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.

Back then I was a newbie, some people were laughing at me after I put 6 gourami into the same (40 gallon) tank when I got them for the very first time.. It was a free for all fighting. Male fought male, male fought female, female fought female.

By the way, check out the video of these "peace loving" siblings at only 8 weeks old.

http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Thread-Do-not-k...

As for Neon Tetra and Tiger Barb, they are both schooling fish and it is recommended to have at least 6 for each of them. Personally, I think Tiger Barbs are way too aggressive. Might not be good to keep at all. There were cases a school of tiger barb kept attacking each other and killed themselves off. They might not be the best choice to be housed together with gourami which is also territorial and aggressive.

• The gouramis are fine with tetras, but they need to be at a 1:2 male to female ratio if you're going to keep more than one in the same tank. You might also see those tiger barbs nipping at the gouramis in particular.

Also, neon tetras should be in groups of 6 minimum, and tiger barbs like to be in groups of 5 or more.

EDIT: Not sure why Fishless is getting so ticked off. If my advice about the Dwarf Gourami is inaccurate then please disregard my earlier comment, but there's a difference between simply being misinformed and using your imagination. : )