car problem please help!?

I've owned my 1991 honda accord for a year and a half. its always shifted gears at about 2300 rpm but now all of a sudden it shifts at about 3100. If i hit the gas moderatly hard when accelerating it will shift like normal until it goes from 2nd to third then it will go back in fourth between 2500 and 3300 rpm really fast like im hitting the gas on and off. my speed sensor also went out about 6 months ago but didnt seem to effect the tranny at all. my car also recently likes to die out when started but i just have to rev the engine a bit as soon as it starts to fix and it also seems to act up when shifting alot when the ac is turned on. My check engine light is running a bad ECU. could that be causing all these problems or will i most likly need a new tranny?

Update:

the check engine light comes on instantly when i start the car and the "s" light blinks after a few minutes which i found out mean electrical problem. i had a mechanic run the codes while he was servicing my brakes and he said it came up a faulty ecu. i replaced the tps a while back as while.

Comments

• you answered your own question, and NEXT TIME SINCE YOUR CAR IS SMARTER THAN YOU, go get the speed sensor that was on its way out, fixed like 6 months sooner than you are going to now.all of these problems, are related to your direct and total lack of action, just think, you could have taken it in, had it checked, fixed the sensor and been down the road. NOT NOW. take the car, drop it off at the mechanic asap ok? its about to stop running, from you ignoring warning lights.

• Yikes, actually sounds like you have a few problems there.

Step number one, I'd check to see what that check engine light is all about.

The transmission could be shifting funny, if the trans doesn't know what sort of throttle position you're in (so it can shift where is most appropriate)

You mention you have a bad ecu? or you just think you do....

Get the light lookied at... if your car is stalling, take care of that first as well!

A faulty throttle position sensor for example could cause a number of the problem you're describing.

I'm pretty sure that engine uses a MAP sensor, also a good thing to check out...

but why waste time checking things when reading out the fault code from the engine computer may tell you all you need to know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5RAeh9WCkQ&feature...

Good luck!