Do cows float?

Do they float in water?

And if not, if a cow had enough fat (because fat floats) would it also float?

Comments

• Virtually all animals can float. Including cows. It has to do with their build and size and location of lungs. They not only float they float with their head held out of the water unlike humans and other apes. Of the apes only humans can float or swim (yes I know some monkeys swim but they are monkeys and not true apes).

On a four legged animal the legs sink downward and the back of the body. The lungs float and raise the head and nose out of water. This is how cows float. It is also why deer have been known to swim for 50 to 100 miles out into the great lakes.

Humans do not float this way and to float with our nose and mouth out of water we have to float on our backs. Gorillas, chimps, orangutangs and gibbons have bones that are too dense to allow them to float at all. They tend to sink!

• Yes they float. Some cows with leg or back injuries actually float as part of their treatment, to take the pressure off the injured part.

• Cows can float and swim. Have you never seen a western movie with cows swimming across a river?

• I dont know about cows floating but i kno porcupines float

• no they too heavy (no offended cows) plus i wish all cows are good as this cow in this vedio (go to youtube and type super funny and look for the cow part) altho i don't want all cows to end up like the ending but enjoy

• Just the black ones ... and you need a whole lot of Root Beer!

• yes they got a lot of air inside their bellies

• all mammals float... they probably just can't swim!!! hope that helps!!!

• are you kidding me?