Sony Vaio System Restore?

I can not enter windows, even through Safe Mode.. I just get a blue screen which says there is an error, then the whole system reboots and I am back at the screen to pick which mode to enter windows in.

I want to perform a system restore, or system wipe.

How do I go about doing this.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR420D

Comments

• WHen you start the computer up try pressing F11, F12, or ESC... if those don't work try pressing all the F buttons... I know one of them should initiate the system restore module.

• Sony Vaio System Restore

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Sony Vaio System Restore?

I can not enter windows, even through Safe Mode.. I just get a blue screen which says there is an error, then the whole system reboots and I am back at the screen to pick which mode to enter windows in.

I want to perform a system restore, or system wipe.

How do I go about doing this.

I...

• first i would recomment you to check what is the error on blue screen it will be starting with 0x or 0c (e.g. 0x00000ED) if you can give the error we can probably sort it out or else if you would like to do system restore you can do it through vista dvd if vista is installed or if you want to delete all the data and start fresh you can try pc restore remember pc restore can only be done if you have never formatted your system the procedure is

for xp : turn off your system hold down ctrl key keep holding ctrl key and turn on the system then keep holdiong ctrl key and start pressing F11 key you might have to do several times coz sometimes it takes time to react and then follow screen instruction.

for vista : turn on your system as soon as you turn on start tapping F8 key and follow screen instruction remember you can also do pc restore or factory image restore by vista dvd.

• If it came with XP it will restore it to XP call Sony customer support for assistance.