Is Homesickness a disease?

Is homesickness a diaease/brain problem?

Is there a medical cure?

Is it dangerous?

Comments

• Homesickness is not a diaese or brain problem.

There is no medical cure except for going back to your home.

It is not dangerous its just that you miss home and you want to go back.

• Homesickness is just one of the many emotions we have that attaches us to the place or people we love. Not a disease or brain problem and the only cure is to not to let it pull you down into depression. If You find yourself getting depressed, take St John's Wort for a while to help level you out until you get established where you are now.

It can be dangerous if you don't control the many emotions at some point. it's normal at first to have mixed emotions when you leave your comfort zone so it's important you set up a new "comfort zone" by making new friends and staying active. Eventually you will feel right at home in your new surroundings but it won't happen if you stay home all the time.

Go to church and get involved with some of the people there so you have a good foundation to work with that will keep you out of trouble *wink* (hopefully :)

Hang in there ~ work at it and it will get better. God bless you

• Dear friend,

I can and do assure you that homesickness is not a disease or dangerous. When I joined the British Army in my teens, I was distraught for weeks on end and cried almost constantly at not being able to see my folks or do the things I used to do while I was home. This condition highlights the fact that you are actually a beautiful person who deeply loves what he has left behind. Nothing to do with any sickness but everything to do with being a decent human being. God bless, you will eventually settle down to whatever new life you have chosen to undertake. Trevor.

• It's none of the above, but I still have it, having a good husband and children has helped mine.

After almost 30 yrs. I had to move because of the crime rate going up in the area that I loved, moved to the country for 4 yrs, hated that!, so now I'm in a new town that reminds me of the old one a lot, but much safer. I think God did that for me, I was so tired of not having anywhere to put roots down.

I dont think you ever really get over it, but sometimes you just cant go back home.

• Homesickness just means that you miss not being at home.

• Just another form of heart break.

But you have to leave in order to come back again.

Joy is found in the little things.

• nope not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!