How do platform games relate to "actual" games?

Ok, for this Games course I'm doing I got asked this particular question:

Write down three common features for platformers and relate them to features from "actual" games.

So basically, I could figure out the whole relation part. But would like to know what it means by "actual" game, as if saying that platforms aren't actual? They're just an impersonation of a game?

Can anyone help with this crappy little predicament?

Comments

• I think what your teacher is refering to is board games nd stuff like that . So you might have to compare feature from board/card etc features to those of PC/XBox/PS2 &3/ etc game features if you get my drift because Board card and etc were the first games then in came the platforms. Like playing the Dungeons and Dragons board game and playing Diablo or something.

Ask ur teacher though I may not be right.

• i might maximum possibly do an particularly final fable form ingredient. you will get to compliment between 2 communities, face or heel. The face group might encompass Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Undertaker, John Morrison, and Rey Mysterio. The heel group might encompass Randy Orton, Jericho, huge coach, part, and Batista. each and every celeb might have a particular overdrive circulate something like their finishers, and you're heading to the main suitable boss and in case you win your group captain (you choose on the beginning up of the interest) might grow to be the WWE Champion. Your bosses might all be Superstars of opposite faction as you (Face group might go against heels, and heels against faces of direction), and your random encounters may well be random Superstars who're jobbers, yet get greater stable as you proceed. Your very final boss may well be the group you probably did no longer use to play in the process the interest in a 5 on 5 conflict.

• I think this is a mistake, Unless your teachers really hate platformers lol