Side dishes for Cider Braised Pork with Caramelized Onions?

Any suggestions for side dishes? This recipe deviates from my normal dishes being that it will be somewhat sweet so I am a bit lost on what to have with it besides some kind of salad. Heeeeelp!!!!!

Comments

• Cole Slaw

Barbque beans

Corn on the cob

• Sweet potatoes. Mashed or baked would be good. You can also try this option, it is different, but very yummy:

Boil whole sweet potatoes until just barely fork tender. Then peel and slice them into 3/4 inch rounds. Melt a couple tablespoons butter in a frying pan with a little brown sugar and fry the potato rounds until golden brown on each side.

I had this once with a similar pork dish and the combination was perfect.

• Try fingerling potatoes.

Wash them and put them on a sheet of aluminium foil, and put a few pats of butter, some olive oil, minced garlic and salt.

Wrap the foil around them, and cook in the oven for 40- ish mins or you can grill them on the top rack for about the same time frame. Just depends how many you make.

• any potatoes cubed, get some ranch, or Italian dressing dry mix, coat potatoes with evoo, then sprinkle coat with dressing roast in oven until golden brown fork tender.

• If you have enough sauce left in the pan, add some shredded cabbage and boiled potatoes to soak up all that flavor.

• Mashed redskin potatoes and fresh steamed green beans (not canned or frozen).

• Garlic mashed red potatoes and asparagus