My emails have a virus? How do I contact Yahoo?

Everytime I click on my emails tab, on the Yahoo homepage, my anti virus says I have a virus, so I have to abort.

How do I contact Yahoo? I cant see a 'contact us' link anywhere x

Update:

Thanks Sasha, its Avast I use, so just waiting for it to finish the scan now. Doing a full scan, so could take some time. Never had this problem before. I only use certain sites on the net, eBay, online banking, & a few other regular places I have always used for years, so never had a problem before x

Update 3:

Avast says no infected files, so do I ignore the warning?

Comments

• I use avast and it's the best. ad.yieldmanager.com is going wild today in sites such as yahoo, macys, express fashion, flicks, and etc., I'm switching over to firefox. Avast does the job on virus and blocking as.yieldmanager.com, and it's very effective, firefox is web browser and it does real time virus scanning. Now I need to figure out what is the safest email provider, yahoo or google or msn, or what?

Download avast and scan the system. Also download malwarebytes anti-malware to scan the system. Download them from cnet.com. It's more reliable.

• I know what your going through. Whats going on is YAHOO has a Rogue Advertiser thats on their site using a Trojan Worm/Trojan. Ive seen this issue where these Rogue advertisers dump BAD Scripts to Track Us for Advertising reasons. Yahoo Needs to be aware of this soon. I am staying away from Yahoo right now until they get rid of the Advertiser who is doing this ACT. Dont listen to the other who are blaming Avast etc as Avast IS PROTECTING YOU!

• It's nothing to do with Yahoo! However, is it your anti-virus saying this or is it a pop-up from some other mob trying to claim you have a virus so they can flog your their product? If it is the latter, you can remove this with an anti-malware program. If it is the former, run your anti-virus program manually and also run your e-mails through it separately.

• Check through your own anti virus programme and you should find a scan system that will allow you to isolate it and then get rid of it. You should be able to scan all files on your PC in this way.

Yahoo have no responsibility for your internet connection and how you allow viruses to enter your system.

• hi caroline

are you using avast anti-virus....i have had the same problem with avast which is detecting yahoo mail,answers and other yahoo apps as viruses....if you check the virus alerts it may read something like "i-frame"...and "yeildmanager"

i have changed to avg free ( http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-avg-anti-virus-... ) which does not have a problem with yahoo.....avast have promised to fix the problem on the next virus database update...however until then remove avast and use avg..or stay with avg,,,

this has been pretty bad p.r on avast,s side...however i beleive they have issued a apology on their website

any problems caroline let me know

good luck and happy new year !

• could just delete the mail, or even scan the mail with ur anti virus to find which file is corrupt

• nothing to do with yahoo, u need an antivirus program try download.com, they are free i use avira antivirus but you can do a search and choose what you like

• not yahoo's problem ---it is the mail u opened from friends or who knows what u open

• Check if you have any attachments in your mail and run your AV.