Do false nails from a shop damage your natural nail?

Also whats the best way to remove the false nail?? and how long can you leave them on for ?

Comments

• if these are nails you put on yourself ,

provided you do not over etch - that is buff down the nail to remove shine

and provided you soak then off with acetone - do not pull or pick off

and provided you do not leave on longer than a week then little damage done

nail extensions applied in a salon can be more harmful as the etching will be more intense to provide a good surface to adhere the tip to ,

also products used have to last a lot longer as professional and the nail extensions stay on longer so nail grows softer and has a likelihood of infection

to remove nail extensions - either salon or shop fill a small bowl with 1/2 to 3/4" of pure acetone not nail polish remover and float a thin layer of oil - almond or olive on top ,

the acetone melts the acrylic nail and the oil protects the cuticle wipe off layers off melted nail as they melt

use good nail strengthener for month after OPI's Nail Envy is excellent

• ya they all damage your real nails no matter where you get them, the best way to remove them is soak them in nail polish til they are soft then peel them off, you can also buy a false nail removal kit but the nail polish remover is just as good, you should not leave them on for more then 10 days

ok love hope that helps

• It can, if the tech grinds down too much of the nail, it can cause damage to the nail bed, it happened to me. I kept the artificial nails for about 3 months, then became tired to going back to have my natural nails clipped back, so I removed them by soaking in nail polish remover.

• Nail extentions are glued on the center of the nail bed.They are strong and can break but most often don't.

You go for fillins about every two weeks. After a leingth of time a nail may come unglued but not detached and water can lodge under the nail...It is important for you to inspect your nails for fungus and if you have it take them off and allow your nails to heal.Your operater may offer to put an anti fungus med on your nail but it really needs to breathe so remove the nail.

• Use NailTek http://www.uamodels.net/archives/nailtek-miracle-n... right after you take off your fake nails. This treatment will cure your nails really fast. You can see the article at this link. It is said what is best treatment from NailTek.

You can also use this treatment if you never had fake nails. It makes nails extra strong and they grow as long as you want them to.

• I've always thought they were the same thing. We use them the same around here. Use nail polish remover with acetone to remove them. NEVER tear off fake nails. EVER!

• they cut the nail off from light and air and send them dis-coloured and soft. I wouldn't use them at all

• Yes they do, try soaking in warm soapy water to remove them.

• yes they do try calgel nails much better for your nails :)

• yes they do.. remove by soaking in polish remover.