Boulder, Colorado???

can anyone tell me the average temperature in Boulder? Does it snow a lot? Is it a good place to live?

Comments

• Boulder is a great place for younger residents and families. There is a beautiful downtown section called pearl street, and many very nice houses in the area.

Boulder has lovely summers with temperatures averaging in the low 90's to upper 80's. Winter sees temperatures in the mid 40's with lows in the 20's at night.

Boulder does get alot of snow compared to other parts of the nation, but it's not too terrible. Since boulder is on the great plains, the air generally warms up enough to melt the snow away in a few days. The flatirons are beautiful with snow on them!

Boulder does get several windy days because of it's proximity to the mountains, however they are generally not bad.

Boulder is often made fun of by denver locals. Many of the locals claim that boulder is full of hippies. Boulder is relatively liberal, but it's actually very nice compared to the rest of colorado. I love seeing tons of bicycles on the streets. It's much better than they typical SUVS!!

• I lived in Boulder for many years before moving to a Denver suburb and I think Boulder is a good place to live except that it's expensive. It's a very outdoorsy kind of town with lots of people riding bicycles and lots of hiking trails close by. I wouldn't say it snows a lot although it can snow a lot at one time. It can get 1-2 feet of snow but not often. Usually it's only a few inches at a time and it melts quickly, so it's not usually a problem.

• Here is a link that can give some info regarding the weather:

http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/Boulder/

We live 10 minutes north of Boulder in s.w. Longmont. My husband works in Boulder, we have lots of friends that live there and whose kids go to school there, etc.

Boulder is either loved or hated. We love Boulder, but we don't live right in town because the cost of living is so high. The things about Boulder that people hate don't bug me in the least, and it's usually people who have briefly passed through and aren't really involved in day to day life there that make those comments.

The definition of a lot of snow really depends on where you are coming from. I don't think it's too horrible. In general, when it snows on the front range it doesn't stick around long. But Boulder gets more snow than Longmont because it's closer to the foothills.

I can probably help you out more if you ask more specific questions.....

• Boulder is a real earthy crunchy, hippy dippy, harri krishna kind of a place. If you like Berkley, CA or Cambridge, MA you'll love Boulder.

Most of Colorado is conservative, oil loving, SUV driving, cowboy boot wearing, George Bush loving type of folks. Boulder is Al Gore country.

Boulder is scenically the most beautiful city on the Colorado front range. You can be skiing at Eldora, temperature 20 degrees a mere 20 miles west of Boulder, yet it could be 70 degrees in Boulder.

Wost weather thing that happens in Boulder is the winds that happen in the winter. You can experience 100MPH winds coming off the mountains. The other potential issue is the low humidity, but you get used to the that.

• Boulder is a good place to live if you want to live in a College town. Mostly people there are what we used to call "granolas", I havent been there for 10 years now though. I used to love it there!! Heres a link:

• I stopped through Denver on my way out west. It seems like Boulder is the butt of many jokes in Denver. Do not know why, just the way it is.