I think my dog is depressed?

Early this morning we put one of my dogs down and they were best buddies and now he is just,walking around sleeping he is a rat terroir and very hipper most of the time.

What can I do to make him mor happy

I've tried playing with him but he just looks at me

And I threw him his favorite squeeky toy and he just looked at it and walked away.

Please help!

It's making me so sad to see him like this.

Comments

• play with him.

• Dogs can grieve. The loss of a fellow canine companion upsets the whole balance of their existence. Attached is an article on how to engage your dog by training them anew. Mentally and physically stimulating your dog as well as helping him understand his new position in the pack will help him get over the loss of his companion.

• He is lonesome. He would like a new friend. See if the rescue has a little rat terrier or small terrier mix. Animals do seem to grieve just like people do.

• Dogs have grief reactions just like humans. Just leave him alone and be kind when you feed him. This will clear in a few days.

• Dogs form bonds to other dogs just like we humans can form bonds so yes I do think he is sad his pack mate has passed. Really just pet him and comfort him.

• Get another dog; A puppy. Your dog will forget the other even existed.