Blue dogs?????????????????????????????

Why do so many people have such a problem with blues.

some breeds actually have blue in the standard so whats the problem.

Comments

• i dont know anyone that has a problem with it...but take the american pitbull for example. when they are "blue" a lot of people say its not one of their "true" colors...it comes from mixing them with another breed. yet i've been told by many that blue is a true color of their its just a recessive black gene. but everyone has their own opinion

• I don't really think anyone has a problem with blue dogs if the breed is supposed to have blue as a recognized color.

I have a BIG problem with people who breed blues that are not recognized, so they can make big money off the pups. An example is Blue Minpins. Talk about the horrible skin conditions and permanent hair loss that can result from that breeding and all for the one chance pup that may come out okay. That is what I have a problem with.

• People mistakenly associate "blue" with "merle" Blue is a color that usually results from a dominant black gene with a dilution modifier gene present. Merle is a pattern that can be related to hearing and vision defects that present most often when the genes are doubled up on both sides of the pedigree.The most commonly recognized merle color is blue. So uninformed people often see blue and merle as being the same or related.

• I like blues and merles but I think the prejudice is based on blue/merle being based off of a recessive gene. With certain breeds breeding two dogs with recessive gene like double merles can cause major birth defects.

http://www.lethalwhites.com/

• People have a problem with blue dogs? First I've heard of it...

Hope this helps!

Please help me out at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoDBl...

• No idea, probably because it's a more recently recognized color, it's not black, or brown, or gold (yellow). I think blue dogs are beautiful.

• Fad-following-fools always get scammed.

Color means nothing.

"Blue" isn't IN fashion now;where've you been?keep up!

sheeeesh

• since when has this happend?

ive never heard of it...