How do most Filipinos pay for College?

Do most kids get free funding from the government or do parents pay for the majority of the bills?

Comments

• 1.parents/siblings/relatives-this is the most common, i'd say about 80%

2. scholarship or as a working student-most of the time these people are the ones who become the most successful

3.prostitution or having a sugar daddy/mommy-sick as it may seems, this is very true...

free funding from the government is only for the very lucky few...

• If you are an American, let me first identify some of the cultural differences we have as it would explain my answer better. In the Philippines, the high volume of unemployed workers has made a college degree is a necessity for work even if the job description is is meant for a high school graduate in the US. Thus, when the parents can finance their children's college education, they will.

I made a list on how Filipinos pay for college

1. If the parents can finance the tuition and allowances, the parents would probably pay for it.

2. If the parents are unable to finance the education, some work part-time and others just do not go to college. Some students are also granted financial aid and scholarships to pursue their education.

3, The only military school in the Philippines, PMA, even pays students to attend.

Anyways, if you compare the US tuition and RP tuition, I would say that the colleges here in the Philippines is high subsidized as tuition fees from state universities can go as low as US$0.50 (TIP) to US$20 (UP) per unit. In this sense, government do fund colleges indirectly.

• real-much less solid paying jobs interior the Philippines yet extra effective than no longer something or purely mendacity around the domicile. a minimum of the guy female or guy has purely finished college, now a days having a son or daughter by using college is like an anguish of each mom and dad paying the educational value of purely approximately one thousand/semester just to have their very own youngster end college interior the Philippines. there are a number of college drop outs now adays which could no longer have sufficient money college training. So why no longer take the backside paying job obtainable interior the Philippines? If one is a college graduate. the difficulty with FILIPINOS is they prefer a job which will pay plenty yet do no longer do plenty interior the workplace. Like extra PAY yet much less artwork. the place interior the international are you able to discover a corporation like this? Filipino graduates are extra picky now adays, all of them prefer working in another country yet they don't have sufficient journey to deliver all of them remote places, via fact of this all of them pass out illegally and in the event that they're caught they blame the government yet no longer themselves. See how stupid some Filipinos are. artwork for the government, lesser pay yet a minimum of one has a job. the earnings of working for the government isn't yet felt on an identical time as working there, yet while one retire after a gruesome years in workplace or in provider it extremely is the place the government will compensate the guy by using pension and different advantages. nicely a minimum of you do no longer would desire to pass away your person usa.

• For most Filipino families, the parents shoulder the college expenses of their kids. Some students are lucky to find part-time jobs and so they bear some of the cost of their education. Lucky are the few who are gifted and therefore can go through college on full or partial scholarships.

• The parents or other relatives pay the tuition and other costs.

A very fortunate few get full scolorships.

The government pays nothing !

• Here are the list

1. Most Common - paid by parents, either in full or by semester

2. Working student - in some cases the enrollment is paid by the parents and the kids pays for his/her units and books

3. Full scholarship- granted by either the government or the institution itself. There a particular GPA a person must reach to enroll for the full or partial scholarship programs

4. Educational Trust. Before the kids are born some parents put money in an educational trust for their kids to either pay off College or HS-College

5. Entering the State University- Univeristy of the Philippines is the equivalent of Harvard in the US in terms of quality education. majority of its graduates turn sucessful in their careers. Also the University is known to have the cheapest tuition and enrollment fee for its students and dozens of scholarship programs to assists those who need financial assistance.

• Loan from relatives or friends. Parents pay. Take money out from a financial company.

• the other student of college is working while study to pay their tuitions .. and some are come from their parents ..

i only pay 3975php per sem .. very cheap than other school ..

because my school is goverment ..

Technological University Of The Philippines ..

• Every Pinoy I talked to says that family in one way or another payed for their collage.

• SOME WORK AS A PROSTITUTE,WHICH IS TRUE.