How do you get into police acadamy?

I want to be a police officer in canada and want to know how to get the education and skills I need. What classes shold I take in high school? How do I get into police acadamy? Do I need to go to collage? I'm already doing pretty good for physical shape, i just need to be able to run farther. What's in the physical? What do women have to do and how many times? Were do I get my O.A.P.C?

Please try to answer as many as possible please! I will choose a best answer.

Thanks!

Update:

Could you please try and add a little more detail.

Comments

• ive been told if you get accepted for hire after putting an application in the police department will send you to police academy.

you might not need to go to police academy if you go to college for criminal justice or have military experience as an MP.

i start a program next month were i ride along with a police officer for training.

• There are over 2000 academies interior the US. each and each has this is very own determination to make approximately your front. each and each state and maximum greater departments all have their very own standards. you could desire to seek for the standards for the state(s) you prefer to artwork in. you could desire to seek for what the dep.(s) you decide directly to artwork for require. you will locate maximum information on the internet. fantastically much all states have unofficial consumer communities of human beings dealing with a lot of th academies, so yo can get evaluations additionally. advantages are diverse throughout. As a sergeant in the previous I retired I made $one hundred,000 a 12 months at the same time as a sergeant in a close-by city made $seventy 5,000 a 12 months adn yet another in yet another city made $a hundred twenty five,000 a 12 months. once you're attempting to connect the FBI after being the police you many times might desire to have labored as an officer for 5 years, carried out o.k. and function a designated to ideal record. FBI demands a bachelors degree, on the very minimum. they like progressed levels in accounting, regulation, languages and another stuff that has a tendency to alter as circumstances replace. Nationally out of all of us that applies to be a police officer in elementary terms 11% make it interior the process the hiring technique, out of the academy and previous the state certification assessments. Out of those you lose yet another 3% (from the full) interior of their probation era.

• If Police Academy taught me anything it is that to go anywhere as a police officer you gotta be able to make sLund effects with your mouth