do you think facebook is creepy?

There are alot of old friends, that i'd rather not talk to, that see my page, and they contact me, now i feel obligated to talk to them, am i doing something wrong, can you have a page, and still stay anonymous?

Comments

• 1. That's the reason why I only keep my Fb for my closest friends

2. That's the reason why I don't have all my life published on Fb, just what I want to share

3. That's the reason why my profile is private

It depends on how you manage it. The first question would be: Why did you add those old friends or Did they add you? You accepted them? You didn't have to.

• i agree with you mate, i think it is creepy! It is creepy how anybody could be looking at your profiles, and i have to agree with you on the point that it is pretty annoying when people you try to avoid come back into your life through computer. It really does highlight society's problems. I'd much rather just talk to a real person and have a life. I don't have a facebook account and never will! no way in hell am i going to show myself for the world to see on the world wide web.

• Delete it, it is so lame. Why would you want to have contact with people you don't even want to talk to?

I think if you set your profile so that 'only your friends' can search for you, you might not encounter this problem.

But seriously the best thing you could do it just ditch it, Facebook is merely just a symptom of society's problems.

• Do what I did and delete your page. Facebook is worthless and it only continues our social denigration.

• No i think its pointless.

So don't talk to them.

Just because they speak to you, doesn't mean you're "obligated" to reply.

• i erased my facebook and just tell my friends if they want to talk to me they'll have to make a profile on spinnology.

• no not really, i like it cause it has more people and its easier to find your school friends and stuff..