Do people with dual citizenship travel with two passports?

One passport for each country of citizenship, especially if you are traveling between those two countries and you need a visa to travel between the two countries.

Comments

• Yes, you have a passport for each country and you enter and leave each country on the passport for that country. If you are a citizen, you don't need (and usually can't get) a visa - that's why you have both passports.

Some countries e.g. Australia and the USA insist that their citizens always enter and leave on the passport for that country. Others (e.g. the UK) don't care but if you're a citizen and enter on a different passport, you are then usually subject to immigration control and any restrictions that apply to citizens of the country of the passport on which you entered.

• Dual citizenship always involves the policies of the countries involved, and we have 251 of those on this planet.

Most countries require their citizens to identify themselves as such on their shores. That means traveling with two passports. Some countries, however, do not have that requirement, and one of them is Canada.

So if a person who is a US citizen and a citizen of Canada travels between those two countries, he or she needs to enter and leave the US with their US passport, but is also allowed to enter Canada with a US passport. The US does not allow the same person to enter the US with a Canadian passport, however. That means: traveling with two passports again.

If a person with dual citizenship travels to a country of which they are not a citizen, then they can choose what they want to be. For example, I'm a Swedish, German, and US citizen. If I were to travel to Iran (God forbid), I would use my Swedish passport; if I were to travel to Israel, I would use my US passport.

• Yes, and no. Depends on what country you are travelling back and forth. Usually one passport has all visas in it. However, to avoid an extra attention and probably trouble by corrupt people of corrupt govt in a poor helpless country i dont use a passport issued by some developed country otherwise people at custom would try to get bribes from me. And things get ugly from there.

• Depends on the two countries. The US requires US citizens to enter the US with their US passports, so when my dual-citizen children (German/American) travel to Germany, they carry two passports: The German one to enter Germany (and avoid the long "Non EU" lines) and the American one to re-enter the US.

• As long as the names are the same on both passports, and both your Citizenship countries

allows dual citizenship. You won't have any problems.

• yes of course

you use the appropiate passport to enter each country therefore you would not need a visa

• If they want to .yes. but they don't need to.

It all depends on which country your visiting. and which of the 2 passport will give you less hassle