Is emachines a good computer?

I have an emachines computer and it runs very slow but I don't know if it is my router off my computer please help it started when the power went out 1 day

Comments

• E-Machines is a low end budget computer. Find out how much ram it has I'm betting 1 to 2GB most of the time i see them with 1GB which is barely enough to run windows. If that's the case find out what the max amount of ram your model can use if your running 32bit windows you can't go above 3GB regardless of what the motherboard can handle. Open the computer find out how many ram slots it has divide the max ram by the number of slots and you know how much ram each stick should have if you can only use 3GB get a 2GB and a 1GB stick. Just ensure you get the right kind of ram it's labeled either as ddr or pc just different ways of labeling it but make sure the new ram matched the ddr/pc type of whats in it. examples of ram types are DDR3 1333 or PC3 10600 although the numbers may be different the format will be the same. Hope that helps.

• That is an incomplete and uneducated question.

List the specs or at least the complete model number if you want us to tell you how good or bad that eMachines is.

I had an eMachines laptop some 10 years ago and I was very happy with it.

• Its hard to say whats causing the slow down, but in general, eMachines are below average at best.