how do you transfer data from an old computer to a new computer?

i have an old desktop with hella songs and pics.. i wanna transfer them all to my new laptop but geeksquad wants to charge like $100!!! thats crazy! i was wondering if there was a way to use your ipod? cuz i have a 30 gb ipod

Comments

• If the old computer is capable of using iTunes and has a USB jack for plugging in the iPod, it will work. Download iTunes drag the song and picture files into the library and load them onto the iPod. Now comes the fun part. You need to find some software that allows you to take the files off of the iPod into iTunes on the new computer. I use iPodCopy on my Macs, but I don't know if it is available for PC. I assume you can't network the 2 computers? if you could, it would be an easy task to move the files.

• Unfortunately, because of Apple's lock on your iPod OS, once you put something on there its on there for good. There is no way that i know of to get it off O.o . If its all on a hard drive, then take it outu of your old computer and look at the face of it. on the back where the wires go in there should be a box with 4 sets of pins with a connector connecting two pins. ON the face try to find the word "Slave" with a picture or something next to it (it sould be a picture with those 4 sets of pins with the connector somewhere). If the connecter isnt where it is in the picture, then dig it out with your finger nails and move it there. Then open up your new computer and find your current hard drive. Once you find it follow the wires down and you should see a blank connector somewhere along the wire. Fit those connectors into the back of your old hard drive and there ya go! You can then go into "My Computer" and access your old hard drive and every single thing on it!

Hope this helped!

• Yes, you can upload the songs and pics to your iPod at first, then you can follow this guide to transfer them from iPod back to your new computer, it works pretty well for me.

http://www.ipod-transfer-copy.com/how-to-transfer-...

Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question.

• all you need is a flash drive, you can get a cheap 2G for like 5-10 bucks at walmart, or a larger one for a bit more, the more Gigabites you have the more you can move at once, all you do is get a flash drive and put it into your USB outlet and put all your files on to your flash drive then take it out and put it into your other laptop, very simple, good luck =)

• Get a USB drive and move/copy the files pver dogg!