NES cartridge Problem. Help Please!?

I own an NES console and I am trying to figure out the problem. It may be the 72 pin connector or the cartridge housing but I can only play games when the door is open and the cartridge isn't pressed down. Any advice?

Comments

• http://www.bustedtees.com/blowme

If it works somehow, don't worry about it! :)

• Yea, it's the infamous Bent Pin Syndrome that slot loading original NES is infamous for. They'll all develop some flavor of it, as it's a design flaw coupled with Ninty using cheap connectors for the build in the first place. If it works like that, don't worry about it, just go with it. The carts themselves are neigh indestructible -- short of being run over with a car it's pretty hard to kill a NES game - and the pins are covered (obviously) by the cartridge in the slot. Nothing else is exposed with the door open, so if it works like that, just play it like that.

• It might have an aftermarket 72pin connector in it. The aftermarket connectors aren't designed to be pushed down. Probably a mistake in the design, but whatever, that's just the way they are. If it has a death grip on the cartridges, you definitely have an aftermarket connector.

Don't push it down if it doesn't need it, all that does is weaken the connector by overstressing it.

Don't blow in it, the saliva encourages corrosion and attracts more dust later. It's a bad habit that many people unfortunately got into. If you need to clean a cartridge, use alcohol or open it with a gamebit and use Brasso.

• attempt distilled water or a style of dirt blower cleaners from GameStop. Alcohol with a Q-tip continuously works too. sparkling the NES too in simple terms in case that interest dirtied it up somewhat. i desire to propose getting a RetroDuo. performs NES and SNES video games :)

• Yes, the NES does that from time to time. Have no worries though this is quite a normal ocurrance. Just wait a little while, it'll be fine.

• I had a VERY similar problem, and I picked this up and all of my games have worked perfectly since. AND it has the SNES and Sega built into it! It was 50 bucks, but it was a no brainer and has been one of the best purchases I made in awhile.

http://www.videogameparadise.com/store/systems/?id...

(I'm level 1, so copy and paste it into your browser)

• Just blow on it and the slot on the NES. If that doesn't work Google it.

• Blow in it