RC Helicopter VS RC Nitro Car?

I was wondering which one is better, we have big backyard so I have a lot of space to drive both of them, I only have $200 dollars so I can't spend a lot.

Update:

So basically which one can you have more fun with?

Comments

• It varies on the type of person you are. The are both different and have their ups and downs. Helicopters are not something you could master in a day. Cars... you could... but people have their crashes. I'd say, if youre in a rush for something fun, get the RC Car, but if youre a patient person who is willing to repair a RC helicopter in the long run because you crashed alot, then i would suggest getting the RC helicopter. Aside from that, its personal preference.

• If you like monster trucks the HPI Savage is an excellent choice, but buggies are great too. (Buggy guy myself). Both of the brands Ofna and Duratrax make pretty good starters that are only around $300. Those RTR's are great, but not perfect though, and come with fairly cheap electronics. If you are interesting in really getting into it though, dropping a bit more cash will get you some good stuff. For around $650 you can get a Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy package (Race roller kit alone w/ no engine or electronics is $650). It comes with a fully RTR Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy, two JR servos (still kind of cheap ones, but could be worse), a 1400 mah receiver batter pack (approx $25), A Spektrum DX3S radio ($235) - radio I use and it is fantastic. Comes with 2 receivers and telemetry, I highly recommend it-, a starter box ($80). It even comes with the newest upgraded differentials! The only way to get all that individually would be to buy the kit, and though the kits are meant for pros and come with upgrades, they lack an engine and electronics, so a good set-up will run over $1,000. I know that RTR package seems like a lot, but all those included features (starter box, great 2.4 GHz radio, RX battery pack, etc) are all accessories you will want pretty quickly once you get into the hobby. So all in all, that is a fantastic deal for what you get. It's a great starter, but is also quite ready to be put on a track.

• I'm not an R/C person, but my DH is (nitro & electric cars). I'm sure the helicopters are a hellafun, but I know there's a lot of risk with crashing them and such. There is an expense with maintenance for any r/c product. However, Nitro cars carry other expenses over regular electric cars/planes/choppers. There is also a huge learning curve with Nitro vehicles vs. electric. With RTR electric, you just basically take them out of the box, charge the battery, and you're good to go. When my DH got his first nitro, it took him 2 weeks to be able to get it started and stay that way. If you decided to go to a Nitro, an inexpensive but decent route would be to check out the CEN brand of cars. I know that you can get a decent one for under $200. Not sure if they come with controllers or not (My DH writes for a magazine, so he gets all that crap for his articles) so you might want to factor in that expense as well.

• well first of all i wouldn't get a nitro car i have 6 nitros and there a great hobby but they don't just start and run first time every time. You have to love em and have alot of time. between cars and hellis, well i am a car man but some of my mates have hellis and they like em. the only thing about hellis is they are very easy to crash even if you have heaps of experience with them.

just remember both are fun if you get electric. if you don't have alot of time and patience and probs more cash then i'd electric. the thing about electric cars is if you don't get brushless(the type of motor) then the most you'll get out of an electric car motor is a year at most. if i had two-hundred $ then i'd probably get a twister bell medi-vac helli.

• I would say the RC Helicopter.. check below for the link to a good store for them.