Do you own a cook book?

If so how many? I have 7. and an index card box or two of family recipes. Although I take most recipes and add a little of this and don't add that. I like having recipes.

Comments

• Holy cow, I must have close to a hundred, including several about cooking out of doors in Dutch ovens and several more relaying recipes (the word was once "receipts") from the 18th and 19th Century. I can bake a wedding cake for you in a Dutch oven over a campfire...

• I have many but haven't bought any recently because the internet is so handy to get recipes from and most anything you can think of has a recipe on the internet.

I LOVE recipes. Adding this and that is fine AFTER you have followed the recipe exactly the first time. If you start adding and subtracting stuff without ever tasted it as intended, you won't know what you were missing or it may not taste good and you would blame the recipe instead of all the stuff you added.

• I used to have 120+, but pared it down to about 40 of my tried-and-true ones when I moved. I do the same things you, add a little, leave out some, etc. I just scan a recipe to see if I want it as is or if I can change. Since some recipes need all the ingredients.

• Yes, I have several. Like you I have about 7 or 8. I am always looking at the recipes and I'm like "that sounds delicious" and I grab it and take it home and try to make it. :o)

• i have 6--im a female and a good cook but my baking i am trying real hard 2 improve-- i just learned 2 make gravy - and its great-

• My wife has about forty. Some of them are older than we are. She has a big tote in the closet full of them.

• I collect cookbooks and have about 14.

• I Own Celebrity chefs !!!

• No I don't. I use that little apparatus inside my skull for most of my cooking and other actvities.