Why do vasectomies fail?

I believe the only 2 ways a guy could still impregnate after a vasectomy is if he goes unprotected soon after the operation before the pre-existing sperm clears the system, or if the vas deferens fuse back together.

If there is still a risk of recanalization with traditional vasectomies, why don't surgeons just remove the entire tube instead of a small section?

Comments

• You have two types of vasectomies: Partial and full. Partial vasectomies are usually temporary and easily reversible. Sometimes the ejaculatory ducts from the testes to the vas deference are tied or clamped shut. Within five years, a man can have this procedure reversed.

In full vasectomies, the ejaculatory ducts are complete severed from the vas deference.

Contrary to the name "vasectomy" there is no removal of the vas deference. Its the two tubes (called ejaculatory or sperm ducts) that extend from both of the testes that transfer sperm cells from the testes to the vas deference that are either closed off or severed completely, thus preventing a man from being able to produce semen that contains sperm cells.

A vasectomy is not castration. You still produce both sperm and testosterone from your testes. Its just the sperm gets reabsorbed by the body instead of used for semen. Men still produce semen as well, it just does not contain sperm cells.

The only reasons a man would still be able to get a woman pregnant after a vasectomy is if the surgery failed and did not prevent sperm from getting to the vas deference. Or, if a guy has sex before his body clears the vas deference of any preexisting sperm cells.

The reason doctors usually don't remove all of either ejaculatory ducts is mainly because the risk of infection is a lot higher because you have to cut through more tissue in the testes to get all of both ducts out. The other reason is that if a man wishes to have the surgery reversed, its much more likely to be successful if both of the ducts are still relatively intact.

• Honestly I the old school vasectomy is less likely to fail. They cut out a section of tube on me. Over 20 years later I am still sterile. Yes I go back to get mine checked every five years.

As for taking out the whole tube that would be much more invasive. Nobody wants that.

Newer techniques are more likely to fail. Some only pinch off the tubes. Failure is inevitable.

Many men never go back to have their semen analysis done. Some men may have more than one tube on one or both sides. If the extra tube or tubes go undetected, the vasectomy will not be successful. Also sometimes the doctor will cut a tendon. In the old days a sample of the tube was sent to pathology to make sure it was a tube. But new techniques do not remove any tube, so there is no way to know if the doctor cut a tendon, if the man never gets his semen analysis.

• you will get an amnio yet i don't propose it for this. They stick a needle on your abdomen and take out a number of the fluid to be examined. it ought to reason a miscarriage although. i'm unsure there's a lot you're able to do to persuade him previously the toddler is born. you're superb, the tubes can fuse back mutually. Have him get examined now to verify if he continues to be "shooting blanks". remember, it in basic terms takes a million sperm to make a toddler. My grandparents (ideas you this replaced into years in the past) had 2 childrens 7 years aside after my grandpa had his carried out. My brother in regulation have been given his spouse pregnant 3 years after having his carried out. they at the instant are not finished evidence. i might say deliver him to the hospital to get examined to verify if he has any swimmers.