Drew Brees and Beanie Wells

For

Thomas Jones and Chad Pennington

Update:

My other RB are

Steve Slaton, Matt Forte and Kevin Smith

So i am still ok at RB without Jones.

Comments

• Jump on this trade as fast as you can. Behind a healthy Brady, Brees is the best QB in football and can win you games on his own some weeks. Pennington is a game manager that will not kill you with turnovers but wont get you near the numbers Brees will. And Jones has a very unprover QB situation and will be looking at 8 in the box all year. Jones will be lucky to break 1000 yds or 8 tds. Plus with Forte and Slaton you have 2 of the best all around RBs in football. And given you have Smith too, Jones probably would have never been in my lineup anyway. I say do it and do it fast.

• Because of what Arizona did with their RB's last year, and because I am not sure how good Beanie Wells is going to be since I have questions about him, there is a potential drop off at the RB position. But you also have to consider that Jones is 30 years old, he has L. Washington behind him who will have to be given playing time, and the new rookie RB Shone Green is someone that could also warrant getting at least a little playing time if he plays as good as they think he can. So while I would still rather have T. Jones, there are also questions about him and how much he will be able to do this year. The difference between Brees and Pennington makes it a no brainer IMO. Take Brees and Wells.

• No.

I would not give up Thomas Jones, especially for Beanie Wells.

Wells is a rookie and rookies 90% of the time don't do much.

Besides, the Cards offense is a passing offense.

Brees is a darn good QB, but Jones had over 1,300 yards last season and is an animal running the ball.

Anybody that tries to tell you Wells will perform better than Jones doesn't know anything about football.

If you want Brees bad enough, reject the trade and offer something besides Thomas Jones.

• That's an interesting offer. Surprising!

Let's look at it head-to-head.

First of all - {Brees v Pennington}

Drew Brees was last season's fantasy star; passing for 5,069 yard and scoring 34 touchdowns.

What should also be considered is that Brees didn't have his number 1 WR Marques Colston. Could that mean this season will be even better for him? - maybe.

Pennington however is not considered a star by many for various reasons. His stats are nowhere near as good as Brees's. And Chad wont have as good WR's to work with. (Brown will be used often at RB).

Let's move on to the RB's. {Wells v Jones}

Chris 'Beanie' Wells is believed to be the first choice RB at Arizona this coming season. He has bags of potential and reports are building him up to be one of this year's top fantasy sleepers.

Thomas Jones will be the key man at the Jets, which although is good for selling T-Shirts, is not as appealing in fantasy. Opposing defences will know that New York will have inexperienced QB options and will utilize Jones to the optimum; thus Jones will be targeted by defences.

For me, that trade is a no brainer. Brees and Wells are the better combination and shall both produce higher numbers than Pennington and Jones.

Accept the trade ASAP and good luck for the upcoming season.

• I would take the trade almost regardless of the rest of your roster. While I'm not convinced that Wells will necessarily put up big numbers in Arizona, I would downgrade Jones a bit this year this year - new QB, new coaching staff and a step down in the WRs since Coles left. Plus, they've got a rookie RB to share the load there too and Washington is still around.

• I would do that in a second. Brees is much better than Pennington. If you already have good backs than your set. Plus Jones is not a good TD producer so Wells may be of more value. This is a good trade for you.

• Take it asap, this guy don't know what he is doing.. I would trade Jones and pennington for Drew brees anyday. I am pretty sure Brees will even match or be close to matching both their point totals combined.

• Do it. You have 3 solid RB w/o Jones. And Brees will be only second to Brady in fantasy pts. I don't even see why you have to ask

• depends on who your current qb is.....brees is a top 3 fantasy qb and in NO's system he'll put up big numbers again. wells will have a chance to start since hightower wasn't that impressive when he started last season. that being said jones will get most of the carries for the jets and pennington wont get you much...you could probably get a better qb off the waiver wire

• No, dont take it. Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFL.