Tape residue removal.?

I bought shoes at a garage sale that had the price written on masking tape.the tape came off but the sticky residue stayed. What will get it off suede. Oh yeah and the shoes were a dollar.

Comments

• Goo gone is great stuff...but not for direct use on suede.

Take the shoes to a dry cleaner & ask if they can use some of their solvent to remove the sticky stuff. They have professional cleaning agents made especially for suedes & leathers.

• A simple little brass suede brush will do the job and you can use it to freshen up your suede all over. If you can't find a real suede brush, Harbor Freight sells something that looks like a brass-bristled tooth brush for about 50 cents. I've also seen them at dollar stores and big flea markets.

• GOO-GONE!!!!! No home should be without a bottle...or 2! It's cheap, it quickly removes all the goo from anything you bring home with a ton of price stickers on it, plus, it's a godsend in the laundry room! It removes many stains from clothing, carpets, walls, furniture, etc.

When using on suede, apply to a rag rather than directly to the suede, and then use a stiff brush, or toothbrush to raise the nap again.

• I would not use any chemical to remove it. If you have some duct tape try a small piece to pull the adhesive off. Usually anything that is a little stickier than the adhesive that you want to remove will pull it off.

• goof of is the best product for this, or a little nail polish remover on a cloth (check to see effect on dye)