Fake tan moisturiser problem?

I have been using johnsons holiday skin, you know, just to make me look less pale and give me some confidene. Well, I found out that tanning moisturisers work best on the dead skin cells, so before putting it on I wouldn't attack my face with as much facewash as I used to do, but I found even if I did wash my face with strong wash, ridding it of dead skin cells, the tan still worked reasonably, BUT lately, the tan, after being on my skin for about 10 minutes starts to clot and go all jelly - like on myskin, and when I run my hand over it it kinda makes little flakes ? You know, like an eraser does when you rub out on paper, those things you gotta blow or wipe away!? Haha , i just wanna know why this is happening and how I can stop it , its annoying ! Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Firstly fake tan actually works better on exfoliated skin. If you put the tanner on top of dead skin cells then it will wear off quicker because you are tanning skin that is about to come off anyway.

The reason you are getting the little flakes is the fact that you are tanning dead skin and possibly putting too much on.

Next time you tan, exfoliate with one of those little body puffs (the ones that look like balls of netting) pat yourself dry and then air off a little. After about 10 mins of being out of the shower apply your tan, but not too much, and don't rub it in too much either. Also try not to touch it too much after applying, let it sink in, if you rub it too much it will start to flake.

For the next few days after applying pat yourself dry after your shower instead of rubbing yourself dry. It prolongs your tan and also saves your towels getting too stained.

Have you tried the St Tropez everyday range? Like Johnsons Holiday Skin but a little better.

• I don't think you should put Johnson's holiday skin on your face, instead use a tinted moisturiser on your face

• i've got tryed each thing,from the main costly one's (chanel,clarins,guerlain)and that i tryed extra fee-effective one from the drugstore (jergens,dove,l'oreal,vaseline) and that i've got finally chanced on what i grow to be searching for...aveeno non-supply up radiance...you will detect it at walmart or at any pharmacie.My epidermis is somewhat easy besides,and something it fairly is purely too orangey,or streaky will coach top away on my ghost like epidermis,and enable me assist you to recognize,it would not look goos in any respect!yet there is wish,becasue that stuff won't make me wreck out,that's hypoallergenic,the colour's very sluggish so which you delivers up at any time you decide on and whilst it fades,it certainly fades flippantly no longer by patches!!it is likewise low-fee in case you're on a funds!One rule of thumb,in case you decide directly to steer away from the streaky-zebra look...exfoliate you epidermis earlier hand and moisturize!(any product will streak if word on dry epidermis) solid luck and have a advantageous summer season!

• DON'T use jergens! use olay!

also, make sure if you have lighter skin use the one for light to medium skin.. using the one for medium to dark skin won't make your skin darker, it will just look orange

• a lot of fake tanners do that

use jergans natural glow