my sister is a kleptomaniac?

It started a few years ago when her friend was spending the night, her friend left her ipod at our house and my sister found it but kept it instead of returning it. The friends mom called and my sister insisted she couldn't find it anywhere. Now she steals from me and my mom. I am always finding my clothes and shoes and makeup in her bedroom. Is there any way to stop it?

Update:

I have tried telling my parents but then she just denies it

Comments

• Omg my sister is exactly the same... She even stole $100 from our neighbors garage sale. We got locks on our doors and my dad put one on her door (Stupidest Thing to ever do I know) so I couldnt go in her room and take back what was mine. She would always snoop around to find my spare key that my mom "hid" oh so well. Well I complained about it and my dad got pissed off and ripped both of our doors off.

Honestly I think there needs to be an intervention and maybe have her sent to a therapist....

• It is most important that the whole family lets her know that they are on to her stealing. If I had the problem with a family member stealing, every time she took an item from anyone, something of hers that she really likes would be taken from her and NOT returned. The whole family has to be firm with her. This also would apply to anything that she takes from someone outside of the family.

• Start stealing her things. Lol I'm kidding. But let her know how much it makes you upset that she is constantly doing it, and hopefully you and your mom can get through to her.

• Confront her about it. Intervention time!