transfering pictures onto fabric?

i want to make a patchwork picture quilt what is the best way to transfer the pictures onto fabric?

Comments

• You need fabric that is treated or treat your own fabric with Bubble-Jet. I have done the latter, but will invest in the pre-treated fabric offered at C. Jenkins Company for future projects.

This is the company that invented the transfer method and you can get the entire kit (including fabric and freezer paper) for $30.00.

http://www.cjenkinscompany.com/

• 1:

Wash and dry the white fabric you will be using for the transfer.

2:

Decide whether you want to print the transfer from your computer or make a copy of it on a photocopier. Each method and type of computer printer requires a different type of paper.

3:

Put the transfer paper in the paper tray of the computer printer or the photocopier with the dull side up.

4:

Print or copy the image.

5:

Cut away the extra paper around the picture.

6:

Preheat your iron to the cotton setting.

7:

Iron your white fabric to preheat it, then put the transfer image-side down in place on the fabric.

8:

Iron firmly for 15 seconds or so, working from the center to the edges to prevent bubbles.

9:

Peel off the paper backing

Read more: How to Transfer Images to Fabric | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_16241_transfer-images-fabr...

• You can buy transfer paper that you print onto with your printer and then iron on. The problem with this is it changes the hand of the fabric (makes it stiffer), can crack and peel, and depending on the tyoe of transfer paper used designs from the fabric can show through. Another option is to print directly onto the fabric. You wash your fabric with Bubble Jet Set, iron a piece of freezer paper to it that fits in your printer and trim the fabric to paper. Then you print on it with a ink jet printer. This method is color fast, but the down sides are it is limited to the size of paper you printer can take and other designs on the fabric will show through it.

• 1, notice a picture for your fabric. 2, Edit your image thus it's acceptable for your fabric. Use icon written material software package to expand, shrink or crop the image. 3, Print a photograph sample onto plain written report to confirm the image is that the acceptable size for your fabric and therefore the colours are printing accurately on your printer. 4, Edit the image if you have got changes you wish to create. 5, Load iron-on transfer paper into your printer within the direction to print on the right aspect.  6, Print your image onto the iron-on paper and permit the ink to utterly dry before handling. Handling early on can cause smearing. 7, heat up your iron to its hottest setting with no steam. Place your fabric onto a firm heat-resistant surface. Position the warmth transfer in order that it's face-down on the fabric. 8, place the iron on high of the transfer and pull down firmly, holding the iron for fifteen seconds before moving to subsequent section of the transfer. 9, Peel away the paper backing from the fabric. 10, Spray the written fabric with acrylic craft spray to create the planning additional sturdy.permit the canvas bag to dry nightlong before use.

• I've done the method explained in the first answer, and I've also bought specially-treated white fabric, which I preferred as there were fewer stages and it was just like printing out a photograph. My printer is HP, and they do a pigment ink which is meant to last a long time. I also enhanced the colour of the photograph in my photo file so it printed strongly.