seriously speaking... do you think yahoo answer is a dangerous site?

it provides a medium to acquire answers to serious topics like health, career, parenting etc.

answers provided can lead to wrong decisions that can endanger life and property, career and values.

of course not everyone can discriminate sound and sensible answers from jokes and sarcasm.

Comments

• If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen?

• Yes and no. As far as "answers", no, I would never make life-changing decisions based on those. I may take some points into consideration if they make sense, though. What you get on "answers" is not always information, per se. It could be good advice from someone who's "been there" or it could be pure bullpuckey. The user has to use some sense in figuring out which is which. We are not baby-sitters here. And if you come to Y!A for health, career or parenting guidance, it's like playing Russian Roulette with 5 shells in the cylinder.

Blessings on your Journey!

• It has the potential to be dangerous, sure. I was just saying to a friend that it's a bit scary how impressionable minds come here and build world views--if not based on then significantly influenced by the forums here.

With the amount of sarcastic, sardonic and just snarky or even downright mean people we have here, that can be *potentially* dangerous.

It's not YA though. It's people. People are always at the root of the problems.

• If anything, it leaves people more confused and back where they started.

There are so many opinionated people that almost every answer has a different point of view.

If people are going to make life altering decisions based on what a bunch of strangers are saying, that's their problem.

• I think it's important to take all of these answers with a grain of salt. It kind of makes me sad, if you want honesty, to see the truth in the minds of people when they are able to hide behind a computer. I mean, I think alot of people are just being completely honest, not caring if it hurts anyone. And I'm not saying its EVERYONE on this site, but I think we all have seen responses that have surprised us. Maybe thats why some do it, just to see what the response will be. IDK, I just can't sleep and I'm killing time, that's why I'm on.

• Certain people make it dangerous yet Yahoo customer care are blaming the wrong ones.

• Well, what somebody does with that information is what is important. We were given brains and we should know how to use them. Those on the site aren't liable.

• No just some people are stupid and they ask questions that should be directed towards the appropriate professional. It's their fault for being stupid.

• Yeah, I got attacked by a dog in the pets section.

• Sure?\

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " You'll see "

"Wonderful world"

Wonderful wonderful"

What a wonderful world"

For jumping with the joy of Yahoo !

Any casualty out there?

After jumping did they landed on anyone in time?

Luke 21.30-36

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Luke 24.44-45,47-48

Matt 5.9,14

What do you think?