True or False?

An intimate (just two people) dinner with a friend, at a nice restaurant (I am a foodie) can be just dinner with a friend, and nothing more?

Comments

• absolutely true.

though don't give the other person reason to think there's anything more to it if you don't want a romantic relationship. in fact, make sure they understand it is not a date otherwise your friend might see the dinner as more. nothing worse than being interested in someone, and being stuck in the friend zone without knowing it. better to know your just a friend than to have false hope that gets crushed.

also, if you're involved with someone...let them know about the dinner with your friend beforehand, otherwise they might think you are trying to hide something. if this is after the fact and too late for that advice. let them know in casual conversation..."hey guess what? i got in touch with Blah who I know from blahblah, and we had dinner at Blank. the food at Blank was great; we should go there for our next date."

• True. I enjoy food too-- good quality food and good quality wine in a nice atmosphere. If I were single i would go dutch with a friend (do not pick up the tab, or you are officially asking for more unless it's his/her birthday or something). Still, I'm engaged and I would rather spend special moments like that with my fiance. If you're in a relationship I don't recomment hitting up the romantic spots with a friend of the opposite sex no matter what your intentions may be. It looks bad. It's not polite. I can understand you wanting to share the time with a friend (especially if he/she is a foodie too and your significant other is not so much). In that case, pick a funky spot that is NOT romantic to share friend time with, rather than trying to explain why you left your boy/girlfriend out of a possible romantic date night. If you're single, like I said go dutch to avoid confusion-- split the check in half and make sure you're talking about baseball at least some of the time.

• no such word as foodie but if means love food you are there to eat and nothing more.if that is what your asking. depends on company who you are with. If intimate setting than would be more than friends if you feel an attraction. then you might not eat or very little as compared to stuffing your face otherwise/

• Absolutely. It can also be SO much more. It can be a connecting point for two people that enjoy the same great taste. Are you wondering if your "friend" took you out to a nice place as a jumping off point to a deeper relationship? Without the details, one could not say, but one could definitely say that it is possible (If said friend invited and paid for such culinary excursion, I would say probable).

• In all male-female relationships there is a level of sexuality. If you know whether or not the other person is hot or not, then I would say false.

I think people hide behind these sorts of relationships for one reason or another (married, fear of rejection, etc.)

• true its not a matter of the restaurant but more of how you act im sure if you act like you always do around this person it would be clear that you mean nothing more than friendship

• True. What does eating at a nice place have to do with the status of whether you are having sex with?

• Certainly.

• True and False LMAO really depends dude... on many many factors hahaha.