bridal shower restaurant menu?

I'm hosting a bridal shower at a restaurant (along with the other bridesmaids) and I was wondering the proper etiquette pertaining to the menu. The shower is on a Sunday afternoon at an Italian restaurant, and we were thinking we would just order sandwich platters, probably along with an appetizer (we are also buying a cake). However, we heard about another shower at the same restaurant where the host made a small menu without prices of a handful of dishes on the menu, and allowed the guests to choose. Is it rude to order sandwich platters? Should we instead make a smaller menu? We are on a budget, but at the same time we want to make sure everyone has enough to eat and has a great time.

Comments

• A prix fixe menu might be just what you need. You can have a sandwich choice and one or two pasta/ pizza choices and have it come with an appetizer or salad -- something like that. Tell them your total budget and they will tell you what they can do!

• Both works fine. You are providing some kind of food and drink for the guests.

The last shower I attended was at Olive Garden where we ordered what we wanted....because each guest had to pay their own way. Which was a huge surprise to everyone.

Tres classy. :(

• Considering most showers are held in someone's home with (obviously) preset food, it's absolutely fine to do this.

• Either option is fine.