Xbox redeem code help!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I bought a three month xbox live pack today. I've tried several times to put the code in and it just won't work. I tried on xbox.com and it says i'm a gold user just not on my xbox? It says the code is invailed? Soooo yeah, i'm gold on my laptop but not on my xbox. Someone help me before the xbox gets a beating!

Comments

• Did you make a separate account on the Xbox website? If you did, you need to recover the gamertag. When you sign up for Live, you need to either make the account on the site or on the console. Since you've already redeemed the time on the website, you have to recover the account to your 360. Sign out of any profile you have on your 360 and go to 'recover gamertag' under the My Xbox section on the dashboard. Put in the email address and password you used and give it a few minutes to recover it.

• You are probably going into the Xbox Guide and then Marketplace right? You have to go to Profile > Manage Account > Redeem Code. You're probably entering it where I said, that is the codes for the marketplace stuff (Microsoft Points). If you need more help, it gives you the instructions on the card.

• try recovering your account again. it might refresh it. and try entering the code on xbox.com. that could help too.