How do i get into games programming?

I'm thinking about becoming a games programmer/designer as a career, but I was just wondering how I should get into it (or should i get into it lol)???

Comments

• You definitely need Computer Science or some background in programming languages.

You can start off in VB, work up to Java, then to C++, or alternatively jump right into C++. In my experience, Java has a more generous learning curve as far as object-oriented programming goes, but it's your choice.

Additionally, you're going to want to look into Graphic Design or something in the related area. Don't kid yourself into thinking you'll be able to make an MMO right off the bat. Large games like those incorporate multiple fields such as graphics, programming, networking, etc. Again, Java is very generous as far as GUI design and image implementation goes, so a simplistic Chess/Sudoku game would be definitely achievable within a year.

You've definitely got to cover the basics of object-oriented programming, though.

• If you start with Visual Basic (VB.NET) then you won't be, as the other poster put it, "working up to" any other language. VB.NET is not some entry level beginners language. It is every bit as powerful if not more powerful than Java is.

He was correct though in saying don't expect to create the next World of Warcraft as your first project. Start small, tic tac toe. Work your way up as you learn to how build game logic and interfaces.

• Salaries for interest programmers selection from producer to employer and usa to usa. commonly, regardless of the certainty that, pay for interest programming is traditionally with reference to the equivalent for appropriate jobs in the commerce sector. it extremely is to boot the certainty that infants that sport programming is one in all the main tricky of any form and customarily demands longer hours than mainstream programming. consequence of a 206f4922f45568161a8cdf4ad2299f6d230 survey point out that the widespread earnings for a interest programmer is USD$ninety 5,3 hundred each year. The least experienced programmers (with no longer as much as 3 years understand-how) oftentimes earn approximately $seventy 4,six hundred, on the comparable time builders with over six years understand-how on widespread earn $one hundred twenty 5,700.[6f4922f45568161a8cdf4ad2299f6d236f4922f45568161a8cdf4ad2299f6d23] maximum probable, lead programmers are in all probability the main reliable compensated, besides the certainty that some 3-d photos programmers ought to activity or surpass their salaries. in accordance to the comparable survey above, lead programmers on classic earn $6f4922f45568161a8cdf4ad2299f6d2327,900 each year. C++ Javascript, HTML5, specific the matters are i'm attitude youthful that u r