3(y - 7)(y - 7) = -12

Comments

• (y-7)^2 = -4

y-7 = sqrt(-4)

no real solution

or

y-7 = 2i

y = 7 + 2i

• only keep in mind that because of the fact the subject isn't asking you to discover the respond, meaning there isn't any longer equals sign, than all you need to achievable do it simplify this. And for simplifying, all you need to do is placed each little thing in its suitable field, only like putting away your laundry (except you're like me and easily throw it on your mattress). Numbers are like people, they carry out in cliches. So 7n and 5n prefer to hold out and not with 12 and sixteen. at the same time, those cliches for 12n and 28. From there, you in basic terms further via finding some variety of difficulty-unfastened group so those 2 do no longer start up throwing blows...and thats while 4 walks in. With 4 taking part in the mediator, the recent subject turns into 4(3n + 7). Now everyone may be interior the comparable room devoid of all hell breaking unfastened. Sounds corney, i comprehend, yet it is the way it replaced into defined to me and it incredibly is how I nonetheless use it to on the present time. desire this facilitates. only keep in mind, algebra, no count how exciting one tries to make it, nonetheless sucks.

• Condense (y-7)(y-7) to (y-7)^2 and divide everything by 3.

(y-7)^2 = -4

Square root it all.

(y-7) = sqrt(-4)

If you haven't gotten into imaginary numbers yet, the answer is No Solution. However, if you have gotten into imaginary numbers...

i = sqrt(-1)

y-7 = sqrt (-1 * 4)

therefore

y-7 = 4i

Add 7 to each side

y = 4i -7.

Voila!

• You have to multiply and you can figure out what Y is in this problem. I'm too rusty to figure out a problem as simple as this right now though haha. I'd need like 15 minutes xD

Know how to solve it though.