How do I remove my acrylic nails?

Well my fake nails are pretty long now. My nails have nail polish on top of them. Im not sure how to remove it...Do I remove the nail polish on the fake nails first? BTW I got them done at the salon so yes its those nails that have nail polish and have fake tips. Please Help. How Do I get them off. This is the first time I have had acrylic nails.

Comments

• Go to a salon and have them professionally removed Hun ,

quite often I hear new clients say that the nail enhancement product (gel , acrylic) had wrecked there nails ect and that after getting the nails off there nails wear weak , brittle ect

well It isn't the products that do that!

the main damage to nails is 3 things 1) a bad tech who over etches, 2) a client who doesn't look after the enhancements by using oil , not picking, going for regular maintenance appointments, ect , the 3rd thing is removal .... when people do DIY removals they offten make a mess,

for several reasons using shop bought products that are not as strong as salon products I'm not just saying that salons do have professional strength products and acetone is not all the same , salon quality is buffed amongst other things. ,

trying to work on one hand at a time cos you are working on your self

another thing is knowing your product , some products will not come off with acetone and will need to be filed off, you say your nails are acrylic so they should be sokeable but if theres a gel top coat that will need removing

because clients are not trained they might get the nails off but then not know how to re-hydrate the nails, and keep them strong,

I'm not trying to be all negative Hun , your not one of my clients i wont gain anything from you doing it your self or not but with the things that I have listed I'm trying to explain why removing them your self is just not worth it ,

spend the money , go to a good salon , your worth it :)

www.lilmissbuffit.com

• Acrylic nails suck taking off. :( I would go to the salon to get them taken off but that costs money. The best way that I know of when removing acrylic nails at home is to get a business card and try "loosening the nail up". This works best if your nails are pretty grown out or if there are any air bubbles in the nail. Next, get ACETONE nail polish remover and sock your hands in there. After awhile, get a pointy nail file and try to gently lift the acrylic nail. Repeat and wash hands thoroughly after! :) Hope it helps!

• Soak in Acetone. Pure Acetone polish remover is the best and safest way to remove acrylic nails. Also, put in a porcelain or glass bowl never plastic.

• You can by remover specifically for fake nails at any beauty supply or drug store. Or, you could go to the salon that you got your nails done at and ask them to remove them.

Good luck!

• Go back to the salon and get them professionally removed. I have made the mistake of removing them myself and my real nails ended up weak, thin, brittle and short. It took me ages to get them healthy again. So I would say definitely go back to the salon.

• Soak the whole entire nail in acetone, it softens the nails and after a while you will be able to peel them off.. Or do what i did, and rip them off xD thats not good though.

• I prefer girls who have got a natural look... sure makeup and other things are good, but while it is used to enhance your own natural look.

• Quick, and clean. women with long nails never clean under thier nails because often as they should. Basically when you have long nails your must scrub under them as often since you wash your hands. nurses in california are not allowed to develop thier nails longer than half an inch because they found that these people were giving patients infections of germs and other crap.

• So many solutions pronouncing to use nail polish remover. Good, thats most effective in part true. For those who use the non-acetone kind, then you can soak them all day and nothing is going to happen. You want either polish remover WITH acetone, or preferably, pure acetone to eliminate acrylic nails. Sizzling water does not work, BTW. And bear in mind, acetone is acetone. It doesn't matter whether it is offered to be used on nails, or if it got here from the ironmongery shop. It's the identical factor. So, get your self some pure acetone, and soak them in that. Be sufferer although. It will take about 20-30 minutes of soaking before the acrylic is smooth enpugh to get rid of. Don't pry it off as advised. This is not how its carried out. Simply soak them lengthy sufficient, and it is going to dissolve through itself. You need to use an orange stick to softly scrape the acrylic off as soon as it has gotten very soft, however not except then. Others say all the time that their nails are continually so skinny and fragile after removing the acrylic, and blame it on that. That's not genuine. It's a unhealthy tech who ruins your nails, now not the acrylic.