do i have a mental disorder?

i find myself always isolated from my peers, i struggle to understand what people are saying, and i get really depressed, as in suicidal, a number of times each week. i get extreamly frustrated and angry with people and especially my family, i always feel left out with them and i have never had any close friends... i was just wondering what you guys/ girls think of this?

Comments

• I used to feel like that a lot and I have been diagnosed with Major Depression and Dysthymic Disorder; see a doctor, that's the only way you'll get any real help.

• With what you have described above sounds as if you are experiencing a severe depression.

In order to actually discern that you are really experiencing it you need to seek out the help from a professional such as a therapist or psychologist. That person will be able to help you to understand what is making you feel this way, how to treat it and what to do if it reoccurs in the future.

This time of year is notorious for complicating a depression to the point that the person is unable to cope with anything that does arise and leads to a suicidal type of feeling.

If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts please let your parents or good friend know this. If the situation is severe enough "911" should be called.

• Many people call it emo. If you're not comfortable talking with your family, I think you need to go to a counselor to talk about your problems. It is important to know what were your problems are. Like why were you easily depressed or feel very isolated. The counselor will help you to go thru that. Don't worry, many teenagers also suffered these kind of things, so you're not the only one. People can help you, as long you kindly be honest about your struggles to those who wanted to help :)

• Sounds like you go to school, high school probably, and whatever grade its a public school. Thats what school does to people, I am the exact same way, except the part of struggling to understand what people say, that may be hearing... Try talking to people either in other towns or in a grade or 2 below you). If you are well out of scholling then I have no clue whats wrong with you.

• Possibly Borderline Personality Disorder, Bonnie. These are classic symptoms of BPD.

• im sorta in the same sitaution as you man!:( it sucks, i actually have 2 phycologist and im 17... i guess i do have a " disorder" but find out whats bothering you, if you cant ask your parents to see a doctor like i am, i tried to commit suiced about 6 and i used to cut myself last year im still depressed. Im in the same situation.

P.s looking at your avatar, your really pretty:D

• To me it sounds like social anxiety disorder. Its nothing bad though its just something I think you should ask your family doctor about. Its confidential so your good if your worried people will find out

• You probably have depression. I think I have depression because I get angry and upset over nothing and feel like a loser :| just get some counsiling...

• you need to see a psychiatrist for a mental health check up to see if there is a problem there. if so the psychiatrist will diagnose you and treat you. also going to a psychologist can help you out with the symptoms and help you learn the coping skills for life that you haven't learned but need. please for your sake find one ASAP.

• Sounds like social anxiety? Or maybe manic depressive?