Do Marines over seas (iraq) drink alcohlic beverages ?

Update:

of course im talking about when there not in combat

Comments

• We aren't supposed to. Once you hit Kuwait, you are not authorized to drink alcohol until you leave. We had that fake near beer in the chow halls, (all the taste with out the buzz!) but any mind altering chemicals are not allowed. My roommate went over there the year before I did, and said that they got two beers and a shot of rum on the Marine Corps birthday. But that was it. When I went, we didn't get anything. Does it happen? Sometimes. But not as frequently as your other answerers seem to think. If you get caught, you'll ruin your career. They take that regulation pretty seriously.

• Marines drink beer? I didn't know they participtaed in such behavior. Just think of the possibilities. The next thing you tell me will probably be something crazy like college students enjoy sexual relations with multiple partners or maybe the Pope is Catholic.

Everyone in military drinks beer. Even though their not supposed to in Iraq, there's ways to get it.

• Hell, a true Marine will drink damn near anything to get a buzz. I knew old Jarheads that would drink after shave lotion if they couldn't get booze. I will defer to a Marine who has been to Iraq regarding the availability of adult beverage and through what channels.

• In Vietnam...they didnt DRINK AND HAVE BAR B Q'S... Yes they drank...but believe me it was NO PICNIC for our guys....as for Marines and other components out right now in combat...NO. They cannot drink while they are out there...Are you kidding? Would u allow urself to drink and possibly get drunk out there where there is nothing but DANGER? GET FOR REAL!! Oh and my sister was in Iraq...she spent 24 years in the Army...in alot of combat situations....and if some soldiers drink...dont u think they earned it? But not while they're in so much danger...

• Join and find out. LOL!! Sadly no, they are not allowed to drink until they are rotated to an area that is safe for some r and r. This is a sore subject with me though. I find it insane that a person in the military can not legally drink. The nice thing is on base, where local law does not apply, they will let you drink and rightfully so.

• hubby was in military and just came home from Iraq. the military is not allowed to drink in Iraq and just to set it straight you are on duty weather you are standing guard at a guard tower, sleeping, or taking a crap. Once in Iraq you are always on duty. If caught drinking preppier to pay the consequences.

a military wife

• Can tell you that in 1990-1991, Persian Gulf War, over in sunny Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq, you bet yer ***! Care packages from home often included liquid gold, and there were local sources.

• Alcohol isn't allowed in Iraq, and Marines aren't allowed to drink while on duty, so no.

• Yes, they do. They enjoy a lot of the same things that they do at home. My husband is a marine, and has been stationed in Afghanistan.

• Lets see...... Muslim country, in battle conditions, fatigue is sure to be a factor, Sergents and officers watching over. No, unless they do it on base with permission, or behind the latrine without permission.