how do you remove perminate marker from carpet?

my daughter had a field day with a perminate marker on my somewhat expensive carpet. any advice? ive tried nail polish remover, but it didnt get all of it out.

Comments

• Ok, I do this all the time from work. I use pens and permanent markers and always get them on me and my clothes. Here's my tricks!!! A regular rubbing alcohol does work. It's a little slow unless you have above the 70% alcohol. My greatest trick has been a can of Lysol Spray Disinfectant that you use everyday to kill germs on everything on surfaces that you don't wash off. Because of the strong alcohol in it, it really does just melt it away. Just keep spraying into the area of where it's at until it's soaked with it. When it starts to work is when you spray it and can see it "move" away from where it was. Keep spraying it until gone. Only takes until about the count of 10-15 seconds when you really notice. This works great and doesn't stain or take dye out of it. I use this at work and home because it dries fast and nobody knows what happened. Just blot/ press lightly every few seconds with a clean absorbent paper towel or cloth until it comes up.Keep spraying and blotting! Also works the same for stains of inks on walls, desks, and etc. Nail polish is also slow but smells and is a thinner(smells). Good Luck!:>)

• Depending on the carpet, you might be able to brush it out too. If it is not a loop or woven carpet, you can pull out the tainted fibers with a bristled brush, or trim them down carefully with a manicure scissor.

If nothing else works, there is always taking rubbing alcohol on an absorbent cloth and dabbing at the stain. You should see the stain transfer onto the cloth with the alcohol. Then use a clean cloth to blot up the solution between applications. This can be a tedious process, which you may have to repeat even 10 times or more to get out a majority of the stain.

Good luck!

• Like a sharpie marker? Wash is really good with warm water and soap as soon as possible. Use a washcloth. But it might take a day or two for it all to go away.

• If the carpet is white you might try a bleach spray on it.You can find this most grocery stores.Good luck

• Try some rubbing alcohol...=)