testicular cancer?

I know about it a little and I wanted to know if the lump is on the inside or outside and how big is it usually. any help would be great and any websites that go into it more clearly would be appriciated, thank you.

Comments

• Here are a couple of sites on testicular cancer. The lump is usually of the testicle itself, not the skin surrounding the testicle. But any time you find a lump, you should have it checked out by a doctor.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheet...

http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page...

• It is usually a lump or swelling on the testicle. My testicle was twice as big as the other and tender when I was diagnosed. I survived 3rd stage advanced testicular cancer similar to what Lance Armstrong had and had a 50% chance of survival. It's usually very curable at probaly 90% so go get it checked out asap!

• Good query! I suppose it's considering such a lot of ladies get breast melanoma, and such a lot of die from it. I am now not certain what the facts are on testicular melanoma. I recognise that Lance Armstrong, an athlete and survivor of testicular melanoma, has a basis or charity to elevate cash for study.

• Common symptoms of testicular cancer include:

A swelling and/or lump in one or both of the testes. Pain in the testes or scrotum may or may not be present.

A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum.

A dull feeling of pain in the region of the lower abdominal area, groin, or lower back..A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around one or both testicles that causes the scrotum or groin area to swell. While the swelling may be unsightly or uncomfortable, it is not painful. An acquired hydrocele can occur at any age but is most common in men older than 40.

Varicocele. A varicocele is an enlarged, twisted vein (varicose vein) in the scrotum, most often on the left side. It feels like a “bag of worms” and may occasionally cause discomfort.

Spermatocele. A spermatocele (epididymal cyst) is a sperm-filled cyst in the long, tightly coiled tube that lies behind each testicle and collects sperm (epididymis). It feels like a smooth, firm lump in the scrotum.

Orchitis. This is an inflammation or infection of the testicle that may be caused by a virus or bacteria. Orchitis occurs most often in men who have mumps.

Epididymitis. This is an inflammation and infection of the long, tightly coiled tube that lies behind each testicle and collects sperm (epididymis). Epididymitis is usually caused by a bacterial infection but may also occur following a urologic procedure. Sexually transmitted diseases cause most cases of epididymitis in men younger than 35.

• You should see a medical doctor for your age it is the most common form of cancer and can be CURED if found before it has spread which it does rarely but still does.