pointe class teacher?

My boss is having me instruct a new pointe class... which is fine. I am well capable of doing that. I started teaching with her in January and recently quit my second job to work with her full time. She is in charge and I understand that. Yet I found out today that I am going to have an hour long pointe class with 8 YEAR OLD'S..... who most of their parents don't even respect ballet. they just want their kids to have fun and us babysit them while they watch... they ONLY pay $20 for flat class now.... upping it to $45 for our new class. And I do NOT agree with teaching 8 year old's pointe, because they aren't strong enough.... and my boss just wants us to let the children have fun and us grow as a company (we teach more than just ballet). so moms and dancers. could you please get me through this. they aren't even required to wear a leo and tights because well, your dealing with people well on a budget.... who don't believe that this is a professional thing.. they will not take me seriously...... Please help me........ how do I teach pointe to children who barely know simple moves....... and very much lack grace and technique...

Update:

Not saying they are 12, just beginners en pointe should be 11 or 12, and not 8...

Comments

• Putting any 8-year-old on pointe is flat-out dangerous (as you are aware). If I were you, I would seriously rethink working for a woman that doesn't encourage healthy, proper dancing for her students. You seem to know better than your boss, which is generally a sign that you should step down from the idea of working with her. Perhaps find a better paying job in dancing studio/school/company with a boss that truly cares about the health and well-being of her/his students. Best of luck to you.

• You should try talking with your boss about this issue. If she is a dance instructor i'm sure she knows students have to be extremely strong in ballet before they can even safely consider trying pointe. Explain to her that the students could easily get injured which would have a negative effect of her business. If your boss truly only wants the children to have fun, maybe you could suggest letting the 8 year olds take a different class. I'm sure they would enjoy any other style of dance just as much.