Is Francisco Lliriano's career over after surgery?

He wont be back til at least 2008 so things don't good.

Comments

• He's very young, and he's having a surgery that 1/5 of the MLB pitchers eventually have. It's not over.

Tommy John surgery takes about a year to get over but his arm will be stronger than ever. It's a fairly common surgery and he'll be fine in the years to come.

• Many other players have had this same surgery (it's very common now) and come back stronger than ever. I've heard the total recovery rate is in the range of 85% - 90% or so and he has age on his side, so he'll be fine.

• no..he still is only 23 years old. He has plenty of time to recover. That's why I think that Mark Prior will be back b/c he still is only 26 years old. Kerry Wood I'm not so sure about. He's already 30 years old soo i'm not soo sure about him. Count on Liriano to be back in 2008 and to be dominant in 2009.

• He is young and resilient. There have been other pitchers who have needed a year off to fully rehabilitate. I think Dustin Hermanson, who had some good seasons with Chicago, recovered after being off for more than a year.

• Pitchers have come back from the surgery, but some haven't. Everyone in MN is hoping he'll be back and in his dominant form

• No his career is not over.

"There is no rush and no urgency," Twins General Manager Terry Ryan said. "If he does this right, there will be no questions about the player who is coming back because he will be his old self."

• I don't think his career is over, he's still young, he'll be back!!

• damn when was this announced? i was gunna draft him in a dynasty league next round (5th) but now i will wait the next few rounds