Do you know a good way to transfer vinyl/tapes into mp3s/cd?

I want to take vinyl records and music tapes and turn them into cds and/or mp3s.Do you know a good,inexpensive(or even free) way of doing this?

Comments

• Difficult to write all the steps down here, but you can have a look at the following for some guidance: http://www.cassette2cd.co.uk/DIY/how_to.htm

This is certainly 'do-able', if you have the patience....

You will need a cassette player (!), PC with a stereo input to soundcard, conversion software and CD writer.

Note: if you are using a laptop, you may need a USB external soundcard (mine has only a mono mic input – not good enough!) – you can get cheap, simple but effective ones (from Hong Kong) via ebay…

The software is probably the thing you really want to know about.. you will find loads out there. Personally I use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab – primarily produced for lifting vinyl, but will take any analogue signal. It has loads of features including cleaning filters, effects and editing… it’s cheap too and even comes with a stereo cable – try ebay. There are loads more, some even free downloads (audacity available from http://www.cassette2cd.co.uk/downloads.php - also a free DIY guide)

Oh yeah, and Magix has automatic track recognition based on silence between tracks and auto-stop recording so you can go out for the day and it will stop at the end of your tape – really useful!! You will use up loads of hard-drive space, so don’t try this if you are pushed for space…You may need to purge the huge files every so often (10MB per minute WAV files, 1MB per minute MP3). You could save some space recording directly into MP3 at the sacrifice of a little sound quality

• Salvation would not take place in a 2nd, yet comes in the time of the purification technique, and as some locate out, this could take the time to section with evils which in the past have been seen to be solid and perfect. it truly is the mirrored photograph of God that's being saved, for it can not be destroyed. in the time of the throws of this age, even the physique could be a servant to Christ, and so be further total and devoid of blame, and by way of this that's stated that faith could be shown by utilising works.