Final Fantasy 8 CD technical problem?

While playing FF8 the screen suddenly blacked out and then it sed that FF8 had encountered a problem and had to close. This happens every time i play at the same point in the game. It happens at Timber after my characters have just gone to sleep or something. Then i play with Laguna, Kiros and some guy and during the first battle against wild monsters it blacks out just before the screen is about to turn to my players and i can attack. I use windows xp and i've tried setting the compatibilty to both 95 and 98 as well as 2000. What else can i try?

Update:

i never sed it was burned. its Asia Pacific edition which could be but it doesn't seem like it

Comments

• I'm sorry, but I can't think of what you can really do. Maybe cleaning the disc may help? I don't know, it sounds like it may even be a flaw in the disc itself. I've heard quite a few people have had problems with FF8 on PC. So, I'm thinking that's more of the issue, sorry I can't really help that much. If you really wanted to, you could buy the PS version and play it on your computer using an emulator.

• You can try not using a burned game. Ther'e's probably a flaw in the coding.