How do you train a pokemon?

I have to beat Clair in soulsilver, but I keep losing. The bad thing is most of my pokemon are not leveled enough. These are my under leveled pokemon and their attacks:

Slowpoke Lv.6

Strength

Yawn

Tackle

Surf

Farfetch'd Lv.16

Fury Cutter

Fury Attack

Fly

Aerial Ace

Mareep Lv.12

Tackle

Growl

Attract

Thundershock

Swinub Lv.21

Powder Snow

Mud Slap

Endure

Mud Bomb

I also have a red Gyrardos and a Typhlosion, The red Gyrardos is Lv.30 and my Typhlosion is Lv.52.

The reason why my others are under leveled is because I did not get to use them as much as my Typhlosion, and the Gyrardos was Lv.30 when I caught him. The main problem is that whenever I try to train my under leveled pokemon, they die.

How can I train them??

Comments

• Well, if you have exp share you can give it to one of your pokemon. I would give it to swinub because ice is very effective against dragon. Now you go to route 45 and train there. Train each pokemon seprately one by one but train swinub first. Once swinub is high level, you could train mareep next because clair has a kingdra and kingdra is hard to beat. hope this helps. if it doesnt work sorry.

• Well, first of all, I need to know if you're against using an Action Replay. If you're not, then you can obviously just use the super exp. gain cheat or whatever, and level up that way. If you are against it though, try using a lucky egg. It'll double the amount of exp. points you get. Another good way is to use the exp. share, and use your stronger Pokemon to battle. Trading with a friend is another option. Just borrow someone else's Pokemon for the battle... unless you don't have anyone to trade with. That's really all you can do, so yeah, hoped this helped in anyway.

• Just travel/fly to other places where there are lower level (wild)pokemons(Like in the grass) Or you can battle other low level trainers.

ORRR you can equip your Pokemon with a exp share then only use your strong Pokemons to battle.