american express auto insurance?

I understand that the auto insurance for rentals via credit cards are "secondary" coverage. what does this mean? Suppose I dont have any other insurance coverage. does the credit card insurance become primary coverage by default?

Comments

• It's not "insurance", it's a "benefit". Big difference, as insurance is regulated through each state.

Saying it's "secondary", means you have to go through your own auto policy FIRST. They only pay after the coverage is declined. Yes, if you have no coverage on your auto policy, it will be primary - but READ CAREFULLY. The ONLY thing they're giving you, is the DAMAGE WAIVER. They aren't paying for liability, they aren't paying for loss of use.

• I recommend you this site to get quotes - COVERCOMPARE.INFO-

RE American express auto insurance?

I understand that the auto insurance for rentals via credit cards are "secondary" coverage. what does this mean? Suppose I dont have any other insurance coverage. does the credit card insurance become primary coverage by default?

• For free insurance quotes

• Well, if their is no other coverage (i.e. Rental waiver, your Auto policy, etc.) then yes, for Physical Damage Coverage to the rental car, your AMEX policy would become the only policy available to pay out.

• This site will be very helpful for finding the best price ofr you: INSURE-HELP.COM