is NPR a private company or PUBLIC RADIO ?

in a previous question someone said "His employer, a PRIVATE company" referring to public radio as a private company , so which is it public or private

Comments

• Public. Their funding comes from grants, donations, and federal funding (though be it a small portion). They are non-commercial, which makes them non-private.

• NPR is a greedy corrupt incompetent private company that is only kept alive with pork spending of taxpayer's dollars.

NPR is so corrupt and incompetent that it could not survive without Political Hacks funneling the taxpayer's dollars to NPR.

• By law, though it receives public funding, it's below a certain threshold. It's considered a private company.

• Amen. i'm "in simple terms approximately" at a loss to describe the conservatives. I say "in simple terms approximately" using fact i think that very a lot of their anger is using a "0.5" black guy being elected president. countless the present anger is racial. it quite is unacknowledged and skipped over by way of the finished spectrum of the media, yet, that does no longer make it "no longer so." there are maximum of themes dealing with this usa immediately that it boggles the techniques. i'm for wellbeing reform and help a public decision. i'm additionally against protecting troops in Iraq and Afghanistan the place the end result's set in stone. every physique who has examine a newspaper interior the previous week, knows that our efforts in the two Iraq and Afghanistan have been a waste. by way of the way, i'm a Vietnam Vet, and the term "wasted" got here from the shortcoming of yankee lives in Vietnam.

• Approx. 6% of their funding comes from the gov. The rest is private.

• NPR is a non-profit public corporation who's share holders are the member stations. share are not publicly traded.

• Its a private company... that gets a substantial amount of its funding from the American taxpayer...

Its private... Thumbs down non-withstanding.. Doesnt change FACT...

• It is technically a private company, I believe, that is subsidized by the Federal government..

• They're technically private, but can receive grants when they ask.

Much like the majority of "private" universities.

• Private company that receives public funding...to promote the Liberal Agenda...just like the PBS networks...same principle and same agenda.