Why does china support North korea?

i believe that the only big threat to world peace now is north korea but i'm wondering why china is on the side of the north koreans.

Comments

• Because they are of the same race and have a common border China

• I believe China is unwell and tiered of North Korea and the best way that the government is treating its possess people. If conflict did occur with the South and North Korea, China will stand by way of them but it could be an uneasy alliance!......A couple of million dead through the primary attack and conflict would come to a speedy finish through the united states and China working together, North Korean govt will be kicked out of place of work and the people of North Korea will seek freedom from the historical tyrannical regime!

• Take note that China and North Korea are both known for their human rights abuse, plus they are controlled as communists nations. Lately, we have taken note that Russia, Iran support Syria killing over 1 Million civilians, once again human-rights abuse and controlled by a dictator's.

The people in North Korea are starving to death, they are actually dying on the streets. This is hard for us to comprehend since we have been borne into a Nation of freedom and prosperity. But with this current leadership in the Whitehouse, we to may face some of the controlling issues. Take note, and question all that the current Administration is doing, or not doing.

• China does not want millions of starving N. Koreans flooding into China. China supports N. Korea mostly for that reason. And irritation value, China laughs at us when we get frightened of N. Korea.

• Really? What about the entire Middle East region.

Anyways, China does not support N. Korea. They signed the latest UN sanctions against N. Korea. China has publicly told N. Korea to stop it with the saber rattling and weapons tests.

If hostilities resume between N. Korea and the US and S. Korea, China will not come to N. Korea's aid. China's economic treaties with the US and Western Europe are too important.

Also, you can't call N. Korea communist. They went banana republic-style dictator shortly after the Korean War stopped.

You can't even call China a true communist state either. They're become far too capitalist.

• Due to UN sanctions on North Korea, China has become their biggest trade partner (and practically the only one too). Which means a lot of money for China. And so if the North is taken over by the South or the U.S. then that will mean less business for China.

• China wants a buffer state between them and south korea and also North Korea has large pool of natural resources which can be used by them and them only..

• I suppose the most obvious reason is that they are both communist albeit North Korea seems more extreme these days.

I doubt if China will support them at any cost.They have too much to lose now.

• No, China is fed up with this. They love to see the regime of NK change

China is already tighten the screw slowly.

Every year, thousands of NK refugees sneaking inside the Chinese border looking for works

• There's political support...

But if NK citizens try to escape to China, they get sent back for torture, imprisonment and execution.