How do Poppers affect you?

I was thinking of trying Poppers for the first time with my b/f but I have some questions. Please only answer if you are experienced, and if you are going to lecture then please site your sources.

1. How do they make you feel? (comparable to what drug?)

2. How long does the feeling last?

3. Does it make you more horny?

4. Does it make you feel less pain when bottoming? (not that I find it painful, but some people do).

5. What are the negative side effects? Headaches?

6. Anything else to share/advise?

Thanks!

Comments

• I used poppers quite often for a time when I was young. I can't answer all your questions as I am a woman, but I can tell you what I experienced if it is of any help.

1. As I've never done (other) drugs apart from cannabis (once), I can't compare. Poppers gives you what I would describe as a rush of blood to the head. The effect is instantaneous. It made me feel elated and I wanted to laugh out loud.

2. Minutes. 5 at the most I would say.

3. I'm not sure, but I have had sex immediately after so it might. It might enhance your general feeling of well-being and make sex more pleasurable, but that's just my take.

4. As a woman, I wouldn't know but I imagine it might make you relax.

5. I never experienced any personally. My boyfriend at the time hated the stuff though, as the only thing he felt was a headache.

6. As with any kind of drug, legal or otherwise, approach with care and don't overdo it.

• From what I've been told it feels like your skin is tight. You get a bit of a headrush, lightheaded, your heart beats a lot faster. It doesn't last very long (couple minutes) and yeah, you do get headaches.

• I use poppers when I have anal sex. I am more bottom and it puts you in a state of euphoria that lasts 2-3 minutes, depending on brand. Rush gives me a huge headache so I prefer Locker room or Amsterdam. It will relax your anal muscle for easier penetration and enhance the feeling during sex. the only side effect I have seen in 7 plus years of use is I do not get hard. hope this helps.

• I wish I could answer your questions but I have wondered the same things as well (I don't do drugs).