How to extract RAR file as a WMV file?

I have Winrar and I can extract my video file as an avi but I want it to extract the file as an wmv to play on windows media player. How do I do so?

Update:

The avi file plays just fine on my VLC player but, I need to burn it to a DVD...

Comments

• you cant do that... winrar is just a compaction program (it makes stuff smaller) so when you un pack it will only be what it was b4... you can convert avi to wmv .. just google that and you will get a list of programs that will do so for you.. but better if you download an avi player... say VLC player .. it will play all formats. most stuff you download will be avi.. and its quite small... a good site to find the afore mentioned programs is "filehippo"

good luck

• RAR is a format for a compressed file.

Extract the AVI file and then convert the AVI file to a WMV.

But that is extra work, you should just download a Codecs so you can play AVI files in windows media player with out conversion.

Link to free Codecs:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_p...

• To get an AVI file to play in Windows Media Player, you simply need to download the appropriate codec for AVI files... google AVI codec and pick one.

You could convert the AVI file to WMV, but I would say that it only solves this issue once... the next time you get an AVI file, you will need to convert it, and again and again for every AVI file you receive... or get the codec once, install once and play AVI files until the cow's come home.

• If the file is a .avi file inside the .rar file (which i think it is) than you need to google avi to wmv converter

• Download winRaR free and unpack the .rar file into .wmv file. most likely the file inside the .rar file is your movie file.

Note that some movie .rar files are downloaded in parts so to un-compress you will need to place all the .rar files into one folder then un-compress.

Good Luck