How to calculate pro rata salary?

I work in a council nursery and my £16.217 pa is on a 43.3 weekly basis as I'm not getting paid for the holidays but this money will be streched for the 52 week. I work 32.5 hours a week and I have no idea how much I'm supposed to earn? If anyone could tell me please what would be my monthly gross. In my first playslip I got £985 gross for a month. Is that correct?

Comments

• No need to overcomplicate it by thinking about how many weeks of the year you work. Your salary is per annum not per hour. If you want your monthly gross it will be simply £16,217 divided by 12, ie: £1,351.

Your monthly salary after tax will be about £1,055, assuming you get no other benefits etc.

In your first payslip you may have started part way through the month, thus got a lower pro-rated salary.

• Pro rata usually means that the job is being paid on a part time basis, i.e. you're only doing 16 hours instead of 35 or something like that. In the case of schools, you often find that you're not working during the school hols so you either get paid for the weeks you do work, you get paid a retainer during hols but not full pay, or you don't get paid at all. You would need to find out at interview / from the job description what the situation is. Hope this helps.

• http://allinthis.awardspace.co.uk/

you can get much information in this website,kindly stay a minute in website and check anyone link at a time,and you can aslo get your question answer in Google Search in this website, which has already helped me very much.